As such, we must make every effort to effectively lead, support, motivate, empower and engage employees, and to maintain a keen awareness of what this “key asset” thinks and feels about the organization.
Surveying employees on a regular basis is a good way to gain this knowledge. This simple practice can put us in the best position to make the best decisions, and can better-enable us to optimize our efforts to bring about a culture of engagement and continuous improvement — a high-performance culture.
By gathering critical knowledge about what employees really think and how they feel about our organization, we can identify the true status-quo and the best areas on which to focus our improvement effort.
Additional benefits associated with regularly-conducted employee satisfaction surveys include:
- Maintain an accurate picture of current reality with respect to employee engagement
- Understand what employees value… the things that are most important to them
- Understand employee concerns and the magnitude of those concerns, and how to use this information to implement necessary changes and improvements
- Compile facts and data by which to measure the impact of changes
- Compile a relative ranking as to how our results compare to the “best” companies