One of Bill Conway’s favorite sayings is, “The most important business decision people make every day, is deciding what to work on….”
While at first glance this might seem a simple questions, upon reflection most of us will realize it is not necessarily an easy one to answer.
Possibly the following ten questions can help us move forward in a fashion that enables us to get the most out of our improvement efforts:
- What should we work on?
- What process should we use to decide what to work on?
- How should we prioritize?
- What is our “readiness to change?”
- What do we do now?
- What do we do next?
- How do we go about it?
- Which tools will best enable us to achieve goals?
- Which methods will best enable us to achieve goals?
- How can we increase alignment?